Suffering in my present
suffer in your present state. If I believe that God is calling me to be uncomfortable in other cultures then I must be content and joyful in Christ, suffering through my present circumstances in one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Preparing myself for Gods work I should be aware of how God is using my present circumstances to prepare me for what I believe I should be doing. I may think I am ready but God truly knows my limits and wisely allows me to grow. I sometimes pursue the idea of an adventure before clearly seeking if I am prepared to go. God wants to use his people but God knows we need to grow. We should be open to growth - praying, asking God how we can be used - open to listening to God to challenge my heart, mind, reading His word and serving in any capacity so I can begin to understand my strengths, weaknesses, my heart. Pray, listen, study and serve.
Present: December 19th 2013.
I look back and see how far God has brought me and how He has led me. At times I thought God ignored my prayers and other times blessed me abundantly - more than I could have imagined. What I am coming to realize is that God doesn't hear some things and choose to answer others. If I give my life to God, he knows what to do and whatever comes is good. If that be trials, pain or abundance, it all comes from God. I wrote this, with a huge heart to leave the US soon and serve God in Afghanistan or Lebanon. I surely thought I would have been there by now or be there. Yet here I am still in the US, working.
But God has strengthened my relationship and has grown my understanding of his Love and His character. Just when I thought I had what it took to be used by God in that context He said otherwise and it was for my benefit. If God calls me to another cultural context to share the gospel and demonstrate His true love then I will listen and obey, but right now I believe God is calling me to remain and wants to use me here.
No comments:
Post a Comment