Date: Sunday January 31 2010
God, I know you have created me and love who I am no matter what I do. I know I am intelligent and have been blessed by not having ailments, disease or deficient mental capacity to perform adequately in academics. Although I know this I am continually in self-doubt about who I am and what I can do. I feel Satan is fully aware and has begun his campaign against me to destroy and degrade my confidence. I am turning to you for strength and confidence because I am not afraid of what Satan tries to accomplish because I know all the while you laugh in his face and stand beside me ready to pick me up when I fall over his feet.
I must admit I myself make mistakes and act lazy and must stop, look toward my ability, not be afraid.
I ask that I not be tempted by the evil one, to deviate from the knowledge I possess about what you can do in my life and continue to ask you for assistance and seek you in this world.
Present: December 19, 2013
I am not entirely sure what I was struggling with at the time. I do remember being overwhelmed with school and returning home for my second semester at Simpson where I had no connections, except for family I lived with. I felt alone and inadequate compared to others at school. I had decided to study history my sophomore year in college and didn't realize what I had put myself through until I began junior year in Simpson. Additionally, moving to a state and school where I knew no one except for family members was a difficult transition for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment